Hello! I’m Paula Beall
DIRECTOR – SENIOR PHYSIOTHERAPIST
B.PHTY (HONS I) UQ
Paula has been working in the field of Paediatric Physiotherapy for 14 years, since graduating from the University of QLD. Paula has worked across public, community, rural and remote as well as private sectors, developing specialist knowledge and skills.
Paula established SCDPhysio in 2011, to provide specialist, local services for Sunshine Coast children.
Paula’s previous experience has included:
– Royal Children’s Hospital, QLD Cerebral Palsy Health Service, Senior Orthopaedic Therapist
– QLD Cerebral Palsy Rehabilitation and Research Centre – Senior Therapist researching the motor patterns of infants born with or at risk of developing Cerebral Palsy
– QLD Children’s Gait Analysis Laboratory – analysing biomechanics of young children and adolescent gait patterns
– QLD Paediatric Rehabilitation Service – Senior Therapist for Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) or Spinal Injury.
-Mount Isa Hospital – Physiotherapist providing paediatric services
– CP League QLD on the Sunshine Coast
– Sunshine Coast University Tutor for Occupational Therapy students in Paediatric courses
– Paula is accredited to provide in hospital services to babies born at the Sunshine Coast Private Hospital (Buderim Private) on referral from their Paediatrician
Paula is able to manage the needs of children with from simple sporting injuries to more complex neurological diagnoses. Paula specialises in neuro-developmental concerns and orthopaedic conditions.
In her rare spare time, Paula enjoys getting to the gym with her friends and cycling. Paula is kept very busy by her 2 children, Wade and Lexie, who have both grown up as a part of the SCDPhysio Team!
Hello! I’m Amanda Barnier
B.PHYTY & EXSC GRIFFITH UNI
Mandy started working with SCDPhysio in 2013, after also developing specialist skills in Paediatrics. Mandy has been working in the field of Paediatrics for 13 years.
Mandy completed a combined Physiotherapy and Exercise Science degree at Griffith University. Her experience has been influenced by the children, families, and professionals she has met, and she has worked with in a multitude of settings including tertiary children’s services, community based services, and rural outreach settings both in Australia and abroad.
Her previous workplaces include:
– Royal Children’s Hospital (Brisbane): QLD Paediatric Rehabilitation Service and QLD Cerebral Palsy Health Service
– Montrose Access (Brisbane)
– NZ National Child Rehabilitation Service and Gait Laboratory Service (Auckland)
– Cerebral Palsy League (Metro North region)
– She has also been lucky enough to support the delivery of allied heath services and education programs in a volunteer capacity in Samoa and Nepal.
From this diverse range of work experience Mandy has acquired a range of specialist skills in the areas of general childhood development, paediatric rehabilitation, specifically related to: neurological conditions (cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury); orthopaedic conditions (limb deficiency and amputation, musculoskeletal injury, and post surgical); and developmental conditions (developmental delay, talipes, idiopathic toe walking). Mandy has also completed specialist training and skills relating to gait analysis.
Mandy was a keen sportsperson growing up, and continues to enjoy a variety of outdoor sport and recreation activities. She is also fond of travelling and photography. Mandy is also kept very busy by her children Olivia and Ben, who have both been a whirlwind of activity since their arrival!